How to enable Windows Defender on Windows 10 – Windows Defender is a tool used to protect against common viruses, often called antivirus software. Where your laptop or PC is protected by. So, how do I enable Windows Defender on Windows 10 laptops?
Enabling the Windows Defender on Windows 10
Why does it have to be Windows 10? Because the default antivirus is only obtained when using Win 10.
The Windows antivirus itself is already integrated when you buy a new laptop or computer.
Window protection function
Windows Defender has functions for the health of the operating system, but not only that, it also has the following functions – functions :
- Keeping the virus in
- Detecting the virus
- Provides security through a firewall
In other words, you are using the permanent window security release method.
Where your device is protected from viruses. See the following overview on how to activate Windows Defender.
To enable Windowssecurity
1. To activate Windows Defender in the Security Center
In this first step, I recommend you as a beginner who does not want to complicate the process of activating the default Windows Security Center.
More information can be found here: The best antivirus software to protect your Windows 10 PC
However, you need this simple method, which only asks you to open the default Windows antivirus settings.
- First call up the Start menu or press the key combination Gain. Then go to the window defender. The view will appear as shown, click on the window protection.
Enabling Windows Defender on the Security Center
- Then a new window opens and asks me to click the Activate button in the menu under the words Virus and Threat.
If the protection against viruses and threats has not been active so far, a red button with a cross in the right corner appears, as shown in the picture.
Then disable the group policy by simply clicking the Enable button, which will bring up a pop-up window where you click Yes.
After switching on, you will see that the red mark with the cross has disappeared.
The button has turned green and has a check mark similar to the image below.
Then disable the group policy by simply clicking the Enable button, followed by a pop-up window, click Yes
After following the above method, learn how to restart Windows Defender using the basic guide. You can fully see if your suspect does not wish to be included.
2. Enable Windows Defender on Windows 10 using Group Policy
For home users of Windows 10, the Group Policy Editor screen does not appear. This program can only appear on Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Enterprise.
If you want to try it, follow the instructions below:
- First, you can open the Group Policy Editor from the Start menu. Or you can press CTRL + R and then type gpedit.msc.
To enable Windows Defender on Windows 10 using group policy
- After logging into the local Group Policy Editor, you can open the new window by clicking Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Windows Defender Antivirus -> Real-time Protection.
- You can then double-click or double-drop the Real-time Security Disable menu.
- A new window appears in which you can adjust the image. Here you should choose Not configured.
After installation, the next step is to enable real-time security: click Apply and then OK.
You can then restart your computer or laptop to turn it on automatically.
3. How to activate Windows Defender via Regedit?
To make this process go smoothly, you can first activate a system restore point.
Indeed, if a small error occurs while modifying the registry, your PC may no longer be viable.
- Open Regedit by pressing Win + R, type Regedit, or you can use the Start menu, then type Regedit and press Enter. If a UAC confirmation appears, click Yes to proceed to the next step.
- Once regedit is open, you can open the folder according to the default settings: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Policy -> Microsoft -> Windows Defender
To activate Windows Defender with Regedit
In the empty bar at the bottom right of the file (default setting) you can right-click on the cursor. Then select New and choose the DWORD (32-bit) value.
Disclaimer : If you’ve already disabled Windows Defender using Regedit, you may already have a file called DisableAntiSpyware. Double-click the file, then change the data value to 0 and click OK.
DWORD (32 bits)
- Then you can enter such a file name: Disable spyware without quotes.
Disabling anti-spyware software
- You can then change the data value to 0 if you have previously activated the defender via Regedit. You can then click OK to apply it.
At this point it’s almost done, just restart your computer or laptop.
How to activate Windows Defender Windows 7
Meanwhile, you only notice that Windows 10 only offers the features of Windows Defender.
Apparently there are secret ways to run Windows Defender on Windows 7.
- Open the Start menu.
- Enter the Defender and choose
- Select the Tools menu
- Select the Options menu.
- Select the Administrator menu
- Then check the box under Use this program.
- Then click on Yes.
- The Windows Defender on Windows 7 is now active.
Can Windows Defender real-time protection not be active?
If you think the above method is not working, installing a third-party antivirus program could be a cause of failure. This third-party antivirus can block the work of Windows Defender.
If you think you have it installed, uninstall it first to activate Windows Defender.
If you are installing an antivirus program such as avast, smadav, etc., disable it first to activate the Protector.
How to bypass Windows Defender Cannot be opened
Windows Defender can do more than just be open and active. Sometimes the suspect can’t be opened.
This problem is common to all series of Windows operating systems, especially Windows 10 and 7.
So, the overview I can give you shows how to activate Windows Defender on your laptop or desktop computer.
More information can be found here:
So that your friends can turn on virus and threat protection on your laptop and computer, if you look useful, then you can do it together with your friends.
Don’t forget to bookmark and always go to .com every day, because there you’ll find the latest information on technology, such as tips and tricks for blogs, digital marketing windows and ETC (root social media games). Good luck!
can’t turn on windows defender windows 10, how to turn on windows defender windows 8, how to turn on windows defender in windows 10 home, windows defender windows 10 download 64-bit, how to turn on windows defender in windows 10 by group policy, how to turn on windows defender windows 7, install windows defender windows 10, windows defender antivirus